- 2 ripe avocados, halved and seeded
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 T lemon juice
- 3 pickled jalpeños, diced (remove seeds removed before chopping, if you prefer mild spice)
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled and seeded
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 11 oz. jar Cynara Artichoke Heart Florets, drained
- Corn tortilla chips
Scoop the avocado into a large bowl and mash with a fork, adding first the lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix in peppers, onion, tomato and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Fold in the Artichoke Florets and allow the artichoke-a-mole to rest a few minutes for the flavors to blend.
Garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Serve with a generous surround of chips.
Chef John Husby
Chef John has travelled the globe in search of good food, and now he is opening up a new frontier for artichoke hearts of all kinds. He’ll reinvent classic dishes and create new favorites. Get ready to be inspired for creative experiments of your own.
Serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favourite dressing.