Artichoke Crowns with Black Olive Tapenade and Goat Cheese Canapés
- 4 Cynara Artichoke Crowns
- ¼ baguette, sliced on the diagonal into ¼” pieces
- ½ cup black olives, pitted and drained and roughly chopped
- ¼ garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ filet of anchovy (optional)
- ¼ cup red chili threads
- ¼ cup fresh goat cheese
Lightly toast the baguette slices and drizzle with olive oil. In a mortar, pound the black olives, garlic clove, capers, fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and anchovy fillet into a chunky paste. Use a food processor or blender to make a smoother tapenade, if desired.
Spread the goat cheese on the bread. Fill the crowns with tapenade and place them face up on the bread—one crown per slice. Drizzle EVOO over each canapé and add a pinch of red chili threads for a dramatic finish.
Chef John Husby
Chef John has travelled the globe in search of good food, and now he is opening up a new frontier for artichoke hearts of all kinds. He’ll reinvent classic dishes and create new favorites. Get ready to be inspired for creative experiments of your own.