Artichoke Hearts Roasted with Squash
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut or kabocha squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into wedges
- 2 14.75 ounce jars Cynara Petite Artichoke Hearts in Water, drained and halved
- 3 tablespoons Bellucci Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Zest of 1 small lemon, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon piment d’espelette or hot paprika
Toss all ingredients on a large baking sheet and bake in an oven preheated to 425°F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Chef Aran Goyoaga
Her food blog Cannelle et Vanille is a 2-time James Beard Award finalist and was named number 2 best food blog in the world by the UK Times.
Aran grew up in the Basque Country in Northern Spain in a family of professional pastry chefs and cooks. Her love of food began in her maternal grandparents’ pastry shop and in the fields of her paternal grandparents’ farm. Aran worked as a professional pastry chef for years before turning into food styling and photography.
She is also the author of “Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family’s Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking” (Little, Brown & Co), which was named one of the top 6 cookbooks of 2012 on Good Morning America.