CYNARA Artichoke, Tomato and Ricotta Frittata
Serves 4 to 6
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, more for topping
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives, more for topping
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Bellucci 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 14.75 ounce jar Cynara Marinated Artichokes Hearts, drained
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces whole-milk ricotta
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, parmesan, chives and pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat a 10-inch non-stick oven-proof sauté pan over medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil and onions. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over medium to low heat until onions are tender and slightly caramelized. Add the Cynara Marinated Artichoke Hearts and cook for another minute.
4. Add egg mixture and stir the center with a spatula to allow it to cook slightly. Place the tomatoes, ricotta and chives on top. Transfer to the oven and finish baking for another 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Slide onto a plate and serve warm topped with more shaved parmesan and fresh chives.
Chef Aran Goyoaga
Her food blog Cannelle et Vanille is a 2-time James Beard Award finalist and was named number 2 best food blog in the world by the UK Times.
Aran grew up in the Basque Country in Northern Spain in a family of professional pastry chefs and cooks. Her love of food began in her maternal grandparents’ pastry shop and in the fields of her paternal grandparents’ farm. Aran worked as a professional pastry chef for years before turning into food styling and photography.
She is also the author of “Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family’s Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking” (Little, Brown & Co), which was named one of the top 6 cookbooks of 2012 on Good Morning America.