Little Gem Artichoke Caesar with Shaved Spring Radish and Black Olive Dust
- 1 can pitted black olives, drained
- 1 14.5 ounce jar Cynara Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 5 heads of little gem lettuce, cut into quarters with root intact and washed
- 4 spring radishes, shaved on a mandolin
- ½ cup croutons
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 salt-cured anchovy filet (optional)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
To make black olive dust, dehydrate the olives in the oven at 180° F for 8 hours, or leave them on top of the oven for about three days. Using a blender, grind them into a fine dust. Substitute finely chopped black olives if there’s not adequate time to make the dust.
In a blender, purée mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic, capers, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and anchovy. With the motor set on low speed, add the EVOO in a slow stream to create an emulsion.
In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, artichokes and croutons with the dressing. Plate by arranging the artichokes and croutons on top of the lettuce. Garnish with spring radishes and top with a sprinkle of black olive dust.
Chef John Husby
Chef John has travelled the globe in search of good food, and now he is opening up a new frontier for artichoke hearts of all kinds. He’ll reinvent classic dishes and create new favorites. Get ready to be inspired for creative experiments of your own.