Marinated Artichokes salad with eggs and potatoes in a crispy sandwich
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 14.75 ounce jar of Cynara Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 leaves of lettuce
- 12 slices of wholegrain bread
1. Place the potatoes and eggs in a medium pot. Cover them with cold water, cover the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook the eggs for 10 minutes and remove them with a slotted spoon. Immediately submerge them in ice water to stop the cooking process. Continue to cook the potatoes for 5 more minutes. Drain the potatoes and when they are cool enough to handle, peel both them and the eggs.
2. Dice the potatoes and eggs into medium-sized pieces and combine them in a bowl with the chopped Cynara Marinated Artichokes, green onions, chives, mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper.
3. Heat a panini press or griddle. Spread the salad over bread and top with lettuce and another slice of bread. Press the sandwich until golden and crispy. Serve immediately.
Chef Aran Goyoaga
Her food blog Cannelle et Vanille is a 2-time James Beard Award finalist and was named number 2 best food blog in the world by the UK Times.
Aran grew up in the Basque Country in Northern Spain in a family of professional pastry chefs and cooks. Her love of food began in her maternal grandparents’ pastry shop and in the fields of her paternal grandparents’ farm. Aran worked as a professional pastry chef for years before turning into food styling and photography.
She is also the author of “Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family’s Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking” (Little, Brown & Co), which was named one of the top 6 cookbooks of 2012 on Good Morning America.