Quinoa Salad with Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 1 jar (14.75oz) Cynara marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped mint
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and the flesh cubed
- Maldon salt, for sprinkling
1. Cook the quinoa in boiling water according to package instructions. Drain well and transfer to a medium bowl to cool.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the red wine vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Continue whisking while slowly drizzling in the EVOO. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the quinoa, artichokes, scallions, tomatoes, parsley and mint. Using a fork, toss well to combine. Add the vinaigrette and toss well.
4. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and top with the avocado and a sprinkling of flaky Maldon salt.