Artichoke, Beet & Arugula Salad
- 6 medium size beets, roasted, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup Cynara marinated artichoke quarters
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese or gorgonzola dolce, room temperature
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup Bellucci Toscano PGI Organic
1. In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle the Bellucci Toscano EVOO, continually whisking until well combined.
2. In a large bowl add the arugula, beets. Add some of the lemon vinaigrette and toss well. Transfer to a serving platter.
3. Arrange the Cynara marinated artichokes on top of the bed of arugula
4. Crumble the goat cheese or gorgonzola evenly over the salad. Drizzle a bit more of the vinaigrette if needed. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts and serve.