Cynara Grilled Artichoke Kale Salad with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- 16 ounces kale leaves, washed, dried with center vein and thick stems removed
- 1 – 14.75oz jar of Cynara Grilled artichokes, drained
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup shave Parmigiano Reggiano cheese*
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed and left whole
- 1 ½ cups extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Marcona almonds
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* Cook’s note – use a vegetable peeler to shave the Parmigiano Reggiano
1. In a bowl whisk together lemon juice, salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the EVOO. Add the garlic and set aside to infuse the garlic into the lemon vinaigrette.
2. Cut the kale leaves by stacking the leaves then rolling up tightly and holding in place while slicing thinly crosswise to create ribbons.
3. In a large bowl, add the kale, grilled artichokes, Marcona almonds and grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Remove and discard the garlic from the vinaigrette. Pour half the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well. Let the salad sit for 15-20 minutes allowing the vinaigrette to soften the kale leaves. Add more dressing if needed. Toss again before plating.
4. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and sprinkle the shaved Parmigiano Reggiano on top of the salad.