Grilled Artichoke Cheddar Dip
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 1 jar of Cynara Grilled Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ¾ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of smoked bacon
- ½ chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce (optional)
- Tortilla Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the grilled artichokes in a blender together with the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, chopped onion, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Add ½ cup of cheddar cheese to the blender and reserve ¼ cup of the cheese to top the last layer. Be sure to save half the artichoke hearts for garnish.
2. Separately, fry the bacon in a skillet over medium heat with no oil until it browns and becomes crispy. Take it out of the pan, drain the excess fat on a paper napkin, and when cool to the touch, cut it into small pieces and add it to the blender along with the other ingredients.
3. Press the chopper button and mix the ingredients but avoid them turning into a puree. Use a spatula to incorporate the ingredients into a homogenous mixture.
4. Move the contents to a large baking tray or serve in individual portions. Add the saved artichoke hearts and spread the cheddar cheese that you reserved earlier.
5. Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes or until it bubbles or begins to brown at the surface. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.