Salmon with Artichokes and Capers in Brown Butter
- 4 (6 ounce) pieces of wild salmon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Bellucci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (14.75 ounces) Cynara Petite Artichoke Hearts in Water, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Finishing salt
1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and the pieces of salmon. Cook for 3 minutes on one side until it develops a bit of a crust. Gently flip over and finish cooking, keeping the center pink. Place the salmon on a plate and reserve covered with foil.
2. Add butter to the pan and cook until milk solids turn brown and has the aroma of nuts. Add the artichokes and capers and toss in brown butter. Spoon this over the salmon. Top with hazelnuts, parsley and finishing salt to serve.
Chef Aran Goyoaga
Her food blog Cannelle et Vanille is a 2-time James Beard Award finalist and was named number 2 best food blog in the world by the UK Times.
Aran grew up in the Basque Country in Northern Spain in a family of professional pastry chefs and cooks. Her love of food began in her maternal grandparents’ pastry shop and in the fields of her paternal grandparents’ farm. Aran worked as a professional pastry chef for years before turning into food styling and photography.
She is also the author of “Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family’s Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking” (Little, Brown & Co), which was named one of the top 6 cookbooks of 2012 on Good Morning America.