Pizza with grilled artichokes, taleggio and egg
Easy / medium difficulty
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
1 14.75 ounce jar of Cynara’s Marinated Artichoke Hearts
1/4 cup raw almonds
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed basil leaves, plus more for topping
1/4 cup Bellucci 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 9-inch round pizza dough bases
2 tablespoons cornmeal, for dusting
4 ounces taleggio cheese, sliced
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Pinch of paprika
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Set a pizza stone in the center of the oven and allow to pre-heat for 30 minutes. Roll each ball of pizza dough into a 9-inch round shape. Place the pizza crusts on a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal.
- Place the almonds, garlic and salt on a cutting board. Chop them finely, going over them with the blade of a knife to create a paste. Add the basil leaves and chop finely. Transfer this mixture to a bowl and add the olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Spread the sliced taleggio over each par-baked pizza crust. Divide the Cynara Grilled Artichokes over each as well.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl. Slide the egg over the center of the pizza. Drizzle the almond-basil pesto over the top of the pizza.
- Bake one pizza at a time on the stone, for 10 to 12 minutes each, or until the egg is set and crust golden. Top with fresh basil leaves, grated parmesan and paprika.